ORION Polymers for Renewable Energy Applications: Hydrogen Electrolyzers, Fuel Cells, Electric Vehicles
ORION AM : ION EXCHANGE CAPACITY (IEC) = 2.19 MEQUIV/G (IN OH– FORM)
ORION AM1 : ION EXCHANGE CAPACITY (IEC) = 2.2, 2.5 or 2.8 MEQUIV/G (IN OH– FORM)
ORION AM1 (OH-) HAS NEARLY 3X THE IEC, ION EXCHANGE CAPACITY, OF NAFION (H+) !
- Orion AM1 delivers high temperature stability, high chemical stability, and robust mechanical features.
- It is the ONLY hydroxide exchange membrane to show virtually no degradation at 80°C for 1000 hours in NREL comparative testing of anion exchange samples (AEM) obtained globally.
- Orion has a passion for developing a sustainable, clean energy future.
- We’re proud of the strides we’ve made in durable AEM for renewable energy.
- Your support is critical to ensure that this technology continues to advance.
- Help accomplish a clean energy future by incorporating Orion ground-breaking AEM into your projects.
Orion AM1 Resin and Membrane Qualities
- Proven High Temperature Stability for electrochemical devices, 80°C!
- Proven High Chemical Stability in alkaline solutions
- The most Robust Mechanical Properties of all AEM currently available.
- The ONLY durable anion exchange ionomer membrane out of 50+ tested!
(see NREL, National Renewable Energy Lab, comparative study, this website, Oct 2019, Orion AM1=PPN5)
- No Platinum needed. Inexpensive metal cathodes
- No Titanium needed. Low cost housings
- Minimized Hoffmann elimination reaction
- Lower cost MEAs
- Comparable AEM power density to PEM
- No corrosive environment enables alkaline fuel cells, hydrogen electrolyzers for a zero-emission future.