ORION AEM Polymers for Renewable Energy Applications: Hydrogen Electrolyzers, Fuel Cells, Electric Vehicles
ORION CMX AEM membrane can also be used for HT-PEM by a simple treatment.
ORION CMX : ION EXCHANGE CAPACITY (IEC) = 2.2 MEQUIV/G (IN OH– FORM)
ORION CMX (-OH) HAS NEARLY 3X THE ION EXCHANGE CAPACITY (IEC) OF NAFION (H+) !
- Orion CMX delivers high temperature stability, high chemical stability, and robust mechanical features.
- Orion CMX is used for AEM and can also be used for HT-PEM and LT-PEM.
- It is the ONLY hydroxide exchange membrane to show virtually no degradation at 80°C for 1000 hours in NREL comparative testing of anion exchange samples (AEM) obtained globally.
- ORION has a passion for developing a sustainable, clean energy future.
- We’re proud of the strides we’ve made in durable AEM for renewable energy from our early stage TM1, to our more durable AMX, to our current improved CMX membranes
- ORION has more commercial roll to roll and polymer synthesis scaling, more ionomer inventions, and more R2R price reductions in its pipeline for 2023 – 2024.
- Incorporate ORION ground-breaking CMX AEM into your projects to help accomplish the clean energy future you want.
Orion CMX Membrane Qualities
- Proven High Temperature Stability for electrochemical devices, 80°C!
- Proven High Chemical Stability in alkaline solutions
- The most Robust Mechanical Properties of all AEM currently available.
- The ONLY durable anion exchange ionomer membrane out of 50+ tested!
(see NREL, National Renewable Energy Lab, comparative study, this website, Orion AM=PPN5)
- No Platinum needed. Inexpensive metal cathodes
- No Titanium needed. Low cost housings
- Minimized Hoffmann elimination reaction
- Lower cost MEAs
- Comparable AEM power density to PEM
- No corrosive environment enables alkaline fuel cells, hydrogen electrolyzers for a zero-emission future.